Note: Special till 4/15/2007
Add an ExpressCard slot on your desktop for your laptop's ExpressCard: wireless 3G, Serial I/O, SATA, etc.
The Latest PCI Express supports 2.5Gb/s data rate for a fastest data transfer. This PCI Express Control Board accepts both 34mm and 54 mm express card and allows express card’s Hot- Plug and hot swap without power off the system. The PCIe101 is an easy and quick installing to extend more applications for personal desktop PC using.
Supports 34mm & 54mm Express Card
Push- Push mechanism for easy insertion of Express Card
Install in PCI Express Bus
Supports 2.5Gb/s fast data rate
Enable Hop- Plug and hot swap
Maximize card interoperability for user flexibility
Better Mini USB 2.0 connector to USB Host connection.
34mm Express Cards
54mm Express Cards
PCI Express Transfer rate:
USB Transfer rate:
90mm *69mm * 12mm
Applications and Solutions:
1. Use the PCI Express to ExpressCard adapter for your wireless broadband connections and be able to connect to the internet > Connect USB 2.0, IEEE-1394 FireWire, RS-232 Serial, LAN/Network, Serial ATA, modem laptop cards as well as other laptop Features
2. Compliant with PCI Express Base Specification 1.0a
3. No need to buy separate cards for both your laptop and desktop systems, save money and share asingle card between both your computers
4. PCI Express x1 lane width
5. Supports both 34 and 54 form factor ExpressCards
6. Works with PCI Express slots that provide 3.3V and 1.5V auxiliary power
Things to Know when Using the Reader
There are two interfaces of ExpressCard: PCI-E ExpressCard and USB 2.0 ExpressCard. Standard Type and Advanced Type card reader accept both PCI-E and USB 2.0 ExpressCard, but the Basic Type card reader only accepts USB 2.0 ExpressCard.
When using the USB 2.0 ExpressCard, the system will automatically identify the ExpressCard and add new device at the insertion of the card.
When using the PCI-E ExpressCard, the system cannot automatically identify new device, so the user need to add new device manually.
After inserting the PCI-E ExpressCard, please do following procedure and enter:
Control Panel System Hardware Device Manager
Scan for Hardware Changes.
After the scan, the system will identify the ExpressCard and add new device.
The card reader does not require any driver to be installed. It is when a device is plug into the reader that the system would detect that device and ask for a driver for the ExpressCard.
Although the reader supports Hot-Swap function, we still suggest the
ExpressCard should be inserted before power on the system.