The PCD-RP-202CS PCMCIA Card Drive is your most economical solution to add PCMCIA functionalities to the desktop PCs. The Interface Card is an AT PCI card which adds two PCMCIA sockets on the rear of the computer. These PCMCIA Card Drives provide a rear-access PC Card socket solution for the desktop users. They support one Type III PC Card or two Type I or II PC Cards.
1. If you have a Compaq Deskpro model PC and/or if you use a wireless modem or wireless LAN card, this model is preferred.
2. You do not need a driver for for this PCI-based PC card readers/writers under Windows XP. Let Win XP to find these readers and install native driver automatically.
3. If you use a 32-bit Cardbus card, Win 98SE may not be automatically detect it. You need to go to control panel to "Add Hardware", the, the card will be detected.
4. If you use Compaq Deskpro EN, EN (SFF) and EN (SFF-v) Series computers or Dell Dimension 4100 and other PCs using Intel 815 chipset motherboard, BOIS upgrade may be needed in order to avoid hardware conflicts.
5. We do not guarantee this reader/writer will work under UNIX or Linux system and we can not provide tech support.
* In order to make it work, your Linux version must contain one of the following Card Services files:
1. pcmcia-cs-3.3.8, or
Make sure your Linux also has the needed driver, which we do not provide, for the PC card you want to use!!!!
6. Note: For customers who use PCMCIA wireless cards:
We do not guarantee the PCI-based PC card read-writers will 100% work for you. It's a complex combination of your PC hardware, your O/S setup and your wireless modem card driver.
Two rear-access sockets support both 32-bit CardBus PC Cards and 16-bit PC Cards, 3.3V, 5V & 12V
Complies with PCI Local Bus Specification 2.1
Complies with PCMCIA PC Card 95 / CardBus standard specification
Supports Type I, Type II, Type III PC card sockets
Supports all kinds of PC Card HOT-SWAPPING feature (except Win NT)
Win NT does not support hot-swapping. You may need CardWare drivers for Win NT to make PC cards hot-swappable.
Active LED indication of busy
No need for any ISA IRQ Board
Supports Windows 95, 98, 98SE, 2000, XP & Linux *(see note above). Do not need driver when installed under Win XP. Windows NT driver is optional.
Supports ATA Flash Card, CF Card w/ CF Adapter, SM w/ SM Adapter, IBM Microdrive, type III Hard Drive, Sony Memory Stick +Stick Adapter, Linear Flash Cards (AMD, Intel II & II+, etc. chipsets), SRAM Card, Fax Modem Card, LAN Card, Wireless LAN card, I/O card, Cardbus card, etc.
PCI interface card dimension: 6"x3.5"
Max. Power Supply on sockets:
VCC at 3.3V for 1A
VCC at 5.0V for 1A
VPP at 5.0V for 250mA
VPP at 12V for 250mA